Journeys serving as a collection site for UW 'Stuff the Bus' campaign
Posted: June 20, 2017
United Way's Stuff the Bus, presented by Hot Topic, is set for June-July 2017 to provide children with the supplies and confidence needed for a successful school year!
In order to help United Way collect school supply items for 5,000 children in Rutherford and Cannon counties, Journeys in Community Living is once again serving as a public collection site!
Drop off any school supplies between now and July 24, 2017! Journeys is located at 1130 Haley Rd., Murfreesboro, TN 37129.
Other collection sites available this year include:
- Atmos Energy (334 W. Lokey Ave, Murfreesboro)
- City Auto (1023 Bridge Ave, Murfreesboro)
- First Tennessee Bank (154 Cason Ln, Murfreesboro)
- First Tennessee Bank (808 Church St, 2877 Medical Center Parkway, Murfreesboro)
- First Tennessee Bank (305 W Northfield Blvd, Murfreesboro)
- First Tennessee Bank (123 W Thompson Ln, Murfreesboro)
- First Tennessee Bank (471 Sam Ridley Parkway West, Smyrna)
- First Tennessee Bank (5211 Murfreesboro Rd, Smyrna)
- Ford of Murfreesboro (1550 NW Broad St, Murfreesboro)
- Hawthorne Park South Apartments (220 Indian Park Dr, Murfreesboro)
- LaVergne City Hall (5093 Murfreesboro Rd, Murfreesboro)
- Murfreesboro City Schools Central Office (2552 S. Church St, Murfreesboro)
- Murfreesboro Electric (205 N Walnut St, Murfreesboro)
- Murfreesboro Water & Sewer (300 NW Broad St, Murfreesboro)
- Murfreesboro Young Professionals (Robin Seay @ 1535 W. Northfield Blvd, Suite 7, Murfreesboro)
- Once Upon A Child (1734 W. Northfield Blvd, Murfreesboro)
- Quinn's Mercantile (307 N. Spring St, Murfreesboro)
- Roscoe Brown, Inc. (959 N. Thompson Ln, Murfreesboro)
- State Farm - Agent Dana Womack (805 S. Church St, Suite 10, Murfreesboro)
- State Farm - Agent Jeannie Almond (125 Heritage Park Dr, Murfreesboro)
- State Farm - Agent Joel Laird (202 N Thompson Lane Suite E, Murfreesboro)
- State Farm - Agent Bill Hayes (136 S Lowry St, Smyrna)
- Toyota of Murfreesboro (3434 Bill Smith Dr, Murfreesboro)
- U.S. Bank (806 Medical Center Pkwy & 2504 Old Fort Pkwy, Murfreesboro)
- Wilson Bank & Trust ( 3110 Memorial Blvd, Murfreesboro)
- Wilson Bank & Trust (710 N.W. Broad St, Murfreesboro)
- Wilson Bank & Trust (2640 S. Church St, Murfreesboro)
- Wilson Bank & Trust (4195 Franklin Rd, Murfreesboro)
- Wilson Bank & Trust (210 Commerce St, Nashville)
- United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties (3050 Medical Center Pkwy, Floor 2, Murfreesboro)
OUR TAKE: Journeys proud of David Price, city of Murfreesboro for establishing 'Miracle Field' (Video courtesy NBC Nightly News)
Posted: May 9, 2017
MURFREESBORO - Journeys staff is very proud to see a new baseball field designed for those with disabilities opening up in Murfreesboro.
It's all thanks to Murfreesboro-native turned Boston Red Sox Star David Price and the City of Murfreesboro. Check out the special report from NBC Nightly News below for more information!
It's 'Payback' time in Middle Tennessee
Posted: May 1, 2017
MURFREESBORO - The Big Payback is returning this Wednesday and Journeys is excited to take part in this monumental event for the third year in a row.
The online "annual giving day," hosted by The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee, celebrates Middle Tennessee’s spirit of generosity and supports the life-changing work of area nonprofits like Journeys.
Donations can be made to organizations by visiting www.TheBigPayback.org.
The 24-hour event kicks off at midnight and helps organizations raise much-needed funds, while also bringing awareness to pressing needs throughout Middle Tennessee.
Journeys is also scheduled to participate in a special celebration of The Big Payback on Wednesday at Cannonsburg Village in Murfreesboro between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Cash and check donations can be accepted at Journeys' booth at the "Big Payback Rutherford Rally."
"The Rutherford and Cannon County community will come together to stand behind the community's nonprofit sector," a news release concerning the rally states. "Nonprofits from around the community will gather to showcase their work and mission. Music, food trucks, giveaways, special performance and a BIG surprise. The Pep Rally takes place at noon...bring your sign and toot your organization at the noon pep rally (big enough for the media to notice)!"
Gifts made to participating organizations during The Big Payback are amplified by incentives and awards and may help Journeys qualify for special prizes and bonuses throughout the day.
Since its inception in 2014, Middle Tennessee’s annual day of giving has raised more than $6.75 million for nearly 800 area nonprofits, including schools and religious institutions.
We hope you’ll support Journeys and our mission to support adults with disabilities in choosing and realizing their visions of where and how they live, work and socialize!
For more information, contact us at 615-890-4389 or visit www.TheBigPayback.org. We thank you for your support!